Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SMART Communication Sucks!


The issue was related to my concerned about my PLDT MyBro. I was advice to visit the nearest SMART wireless center to further investigate my complains. I won't thoroughly explain it here. Instead I will make a separate article about it.

The thing caught my attention was about the poor service of SMART wireless center. I arrived at around 1:30pm in their center which is inside Gaizano Mall of Tagum City. The receptionist who act as security asked me about my concerned. I told them that I was advice to visit the center regarding my subscription of PLDT MyBro.

The male receptionist pushed the issue to the lady standing with him in the main entrance. Again, the lady asked about my purpose to their center. It's annoying to state again the same story. One clients approached the lady about her problem so the lady receptionist left me and went to the room, I mean the restricted room intended for employees.

The male receptionist continue asked about my issue. He asked my name and enter on the machine where we get our priority number. The number on serve by their monitor was 2033 and my number is 2035. Most of the clients inside before me was there for payments.

I was standing inside because no chair available to seat. After maybe 10 minutes, one clients left so I have the opportunity to seat on the customer waiting chair not the one used infront of the customers representative. There was 2 customer representative that time. Sad to say, there are only 3 counter for clients they used excluding clients for payments.

I observed the 2 customer representative who was seating on their chair, the one assigned on counter #3 was busy attending the clients while counter #1 busy reviewing the application form of his previous clients and busy texting, maybe he forwarded it to their main office. I don't know what on his mind. It takes around 20-30 minutes the scenario still the same. Counter #2 has no person assigned.

At around 2:00 o'clock, counter #3 left for break. So, only one teller left and the clients keep coming for different concerned.

Counter #3 now was vacant and there was a signed NEXT COUNTER please. I am not satisfied about it because they didn't anticipate what will happen if more clients will come who will attended them? Tagum City wireless center covered the whole Compostela Valley Province, Davao Oriental and Part of Davao del Norte. Can you imagine more than 2 provinces and only one customer representative will do service for an hour?

Two counter were vacant and only counter #1 function. When I approached the male receptionist how many customer representative they have, he said only 2 and the other was on lunch break. We are near on counter #1 so the guy seating there heard and he called the #2034. Imagine yourself, seating and standing infront of him until the clock turn at 2:40pm. I was busted that time and very upset, what I did I approached the lady in Green whom I understand she was the Manager of the center.  I told him why you claim "SMART is the fastest network in the country" and you give as the poorest service ever? She asked what my concerned and got my priority number. More than an hour only one clients attended by counter #1 and still on going.

Based on my observation the customer representative assigned on counter #1, most of the time keep going inside on the restricted room. As you can see nobody seat on the 3 counters. How can they finish more than one clients within that period of time.

Based on this picture, there's another lady sometimes seats on counter  #2 which she attended. The lady client wasn't among of the number 2033-2035. It's a previous clients before #2033. The worst thing, the clients keep going outside and the lady in blue keep entering the employees room.

I caught the lady in blue came back again to counter #2. She did it almost an hour and until I left still she talk to the clients. The same thing happened to counter #1. How SMART this network in terms of service. Do you think they give us a satisfying service? If the service they give us is poor, how much more to their network. People are worried to subscribed them because if there's a problem arise, they felt hard to fixed it on time due to inconsistency of their service.

I was careful in getting photos inside because the receptionist/security always stare on me. Maybe they will confiscate my cellphone. Take a look on counter #1, only the clients left seating and filled up some forms.


At 2:30pm more clients coming and some of them already standing outside waiting their turned. At that moment of time, only counter #1 function.

If I am the owner of SMART communication of course I don't want my service will be like the one I explain above. Mr. Manny V. Pangilinan, the owner of SMART COMMUNICATION, TV5 and PHILEX MINING. He is a successful businessman. Do you think if he will catch this kind of service given to his clients whom give him millions of revenues every year, will still support to his employees?

What in my mind, those kind of employees are not after on the welfare of their subscriber. They are doing only 60% of their job to received salary monthly. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not a blogger alone. I worked in a hospitality industry and customers is always our priority.

The people working in the center are not customer's oriented people. They are only working for salary.

Attention Ms. Erica of SMART wireless center Tagum City branch. Don't let people dissatisfied with the service of your staff. I've been a client of SMART COMMUNICATION Head office AYALA MAKATI and I didn't experience the way your people did. I been also a client of SMART center in Gaizano Mall Davao and SM Mall Davao, SMART Pagadian City, SMART Iligan City but the worst experience I ever had was only in SMART Tagum City. Manage properly your manpower to avoid complains. I am also handling several people with different nationalities but I did it properly, why you can't handle your manpower schedule?

SMART COMMUNICATION is the FASTEST network in the PHILIPPINES but the Slowest customer service in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment