Saturday, June 15, 2013

Job Interview


I am absent from all my online programs yesterday because I left the house early morning at 3am and I need to travel 4 hours to reached the place where the interview being held. I arrive at 7am. The person called me that the interview will start at 8am. I was disappointed when I saw the signboard on their office door that their office hours will start at 9am.  OMG! What kind of excuses they made. They want us to come very early even their office still close.

I waited for 2 hours before the foreigner employer arrive. I was selected for the job offer but the problem we didn't agreed the salary offer. I refuse the job and go home. I waste my time spending with them.

Even I was disappointed but I learn something about the job interviewed specially the interviewer.


This post is the continuation of my story about the interview I attended. I was applying for a housekeeping supervisor in one of a leading hotel in Middle east. I expected that the questions was mostly related to my job description being written in my resume or CV. The interviewer looks like he was tired. He directly told me to write all the tools, equipment and chemicals used in the hotel I previously working. He give me one minute to write all possible answers.

While I am writing the answer he also as me some questions about the job I am applying for. Within 40 seconds I finished writing and I give him the paper, he check all the answers and was correct except the equipment's which I missed one. I forgot to write carpet stain remover. AS you all know, in Middle East all of the houses and hotels used carpet to cover their floors.

I was also asked about the chemical we commonly used in removing the stain of the tiles or the floors, is it alkaline or acid chemicals? I answered him that we used alkaline because acid can damage the color of the floor specially marbles.



As I have said I am expecting the the interviewer will thoroughly check my resume and employment certificates but he didn't review and even mind to open it. He only asked me about the job position I am applying for them. I answered  "Housekeeping Supervisor". I am expecting that the question he will raised was related to the job description written in my resume. Because he didn't check and review my resume. Maybe he think better to make difference. Although, I wan't prepared about the question but because it's my work experience so I can answer him 99% if not 100%.

To all aspirants for any job position, you should prepare yourself all possible questions that might asked to you by the employer. If was give enough time to think  about the tools, equipment and chemicals we commonly used in the hotel, I highly believe, I can give him 100% answer.

Even I was given a short period of time still I come up with almost 100% answer. I was very hungry because I leave the house 3am, not bother myself to prepare for a cup of coffee. After I took a bath and prepare my clothes to wear I went directly to the Buss terminal. I arrived 1 hour before the time agreed but unfortunately, no restaurant or even fast food chain near the office. I sacrifice breakfast and lunch without meal and face the interviewer with an empty stomach.

I will give you the important tools, equipment and chemicals that all housekeeping attendant and supervisor must be familiar. The one my interviewer asked me to write in a sheet of paper. Below are the one we used in Sheraton Riyadh Hotel and Towers. Note: not all hotel have similar tools, equipment and chemicals. It depends on their standard.

Basically we used it in the room cleaning. Public area have different tools and used similar chemicals and equipment.

Housekeeping tools:
squeegees
mop
towels
Brush
Bucket

Equipments:
vacuum cleaner
Floor polisher
Carpet stain remover

Chemicals:
air freshener
toilet cleaner
multi-purpose
glass cleaner

Our chemicals ordered from Ecolab


No comments:

Post a Comment