Friday, June 14, 2013

Adopted Friend


She’s a good woman I know since we meet in a place where I manage our business. I was still single at that time. The business that I manage everyday was owned by me and a woman who trust me everything. We were much closed even to her family and friends. This woman, (my business partner) knew the woman that I mean. We hire her as our tenants. She woman work with us for more than 3 years.

Then, she resigned and stayed on their home for a couple of months. I was annoyed and frustrated because we need her but we don’t have a choice, that’s her decision. Maybe after few months stayed at home, she felt bored so she try to find works and was accepted in one of the Pharmacy within the town we operated our business. Although at the beginning my treatment to her changes but still talked to her everytime we met nearby place especially during evening. I was studying that time during the night from 5pm until 10pm. During the day, I need to spend my whole time in the business.  We have another tenant, who work with us before the woman I mean hired.

My business partner is a government employee while I am a student. It’s hard to manage the business if only one person left. We are looking another person to replace her but unfortunately we didn’t find that we can trust. Our business that time was very busy and the money comes in and out so we cannot detect if the money gone even Php 500.00 equivalent to around $15. So we cannot leave the responsibility to any untrusted people.

I stop schooling, supposed to be I will finish my course after a year. I worried about the business maybe it will collapse after several days.
Another opportunity came to work abroad. Due to curiosity how life working in other country so I left the country. That time our only tenants told me that it’s hard to manage the business alone; my business partner was also busy with her regular job. I give up the business and let my business partner continue to manage.

Until one day, after work I went to my room in a 6 floor staff accommodation near the hotel which I work everyday. I got news from the woman mention above that she was pregnant and the father is one of my close friend. Nobody knows except one friend and me. She asked me some advice. She doesn’t want to tell it to her parents. We come up with a decision that she will leave for awhile in our home with my wife. By the way, I forgot to tell, I got married a month before I left my country. My wife live with my younger brother and my cousin.

Well, we are very thankful also because we need tenants to the business me and my wife put up before I left. We agreed not to tell other people about her situation. But on her 5th month pregnant the baby inside her womb died. She needs to undergo operation to remove the baby. Upon that incident happen we told her that we will adopt the baby after born. We are sad because the man didn’t help and support her during pregnancy period. Maybe one of the reason the baby was affected because she’s depress and always crying.

She can’t believe that the man she trusted for several months and even years left her without thinking any responsibility to her and the baby. On the day of her operation everybody knows even her family. Until now she’s still on the recovery period on the nightmare she had 2 years ago. She became our adopted for couple of months. Now, we still communicate and still thankful regarding the good deeds I did while I wasn’t here in our country. At that time, my wife was not yet close to her. Only one time they meet during our wedding but my wife open the door of our house for her even she’s not in normal condition. The best thing happened, she became the bestfriend of my wife. They are very close more than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment